GOBBLEDYGOOK: THANKSGIVING TIPS
(2 min read) With Thanksgiving right around the corner, we wanted to share a few seasonal ideas inspired by our mosaics.
Greet your guests with a personalized message. Apply chalkboard paint to the inside of an old tray or on top of an old mirror. Glue autumn branches and bittersweet berries around the border for a festive touch, then write your message with colored chalk. You could also have your guests write or even draw something on the board as they arrive. Who can draw the best turkey?
Cut leaf-shaped table decorations out of color card stock or felt and spread them across the table to add a colorful autumn touch.
Collect some twigs from your backyard or during a nature stroll and arrange them in the shape of a small tree. Place in a mason jar or vase. Hand each guest a tag with a string (select fall colors like brown, orange and yellow). Let everyone write down what they are grateful for, then hang their tag (or multiple ones if they wish) on the tree. It’ll make a colorful display that will also be a conversation piece for your friends and family.
We wanted to end on a sweet note so here’ a recipe for apple crisps we hope you will enjoy.Prep: 30 m | Cook: 45 m | Ready In: 1 hr 20 m
- 10 cups all-purpose apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the sliced apples in a 9×13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all.
- Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 45 minutes.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle everything with caramel sauce. Serve warm and enjoy.
We hope these tips gave you some additional ideas for the upcoming festivities. All here at Mosaics Lab wish you and your loved one a happy Thanksgiving! See you next week and don’t forget to check out our mind-blowing Black Friday Sale!
Like this? Share to help spread the word, “SUBSCRIBE” to catch the next one.
Check our latest Mosaic Art collection